Neje 2S Plus Timing Belt

Hi Jim

Good morning! I send you a video as requested by you using “WeTransfer” due to the size of the video.

Did you received.? If not please advice and I can re-sent.

Best Regards

John Ng

This email transmission may contain information belonging to the sender. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission sheet. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to the intended recipient, you should return to sender immediately. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email information is strictly prohibited.

I have tested what you said, lightburn cannot modify the plan you created before after you press stop

Dear Jim
For this case I don’t use LightBurn only NEJE.

Best Regards
John Ng

Hi Jim

It’s me again. I was driving earlier.

Anyway although I do not use Neje Software very often, I would sometimes do engraving using Neje software (not LightBurn).

Neje software engraving setting is very easy to use when I was using Andriod Computer, but now I switch to Apple MacBook Air and it can work but the functions etc are slightly different. Example with Neje software you can scan the intended engraving area which is accurate before starting to do actual engraving. Now I cannot do it. My go back to use my old Andriod.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Best Regards

John Ng

This email transmission may contain information belonging to the sender. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission sheet. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to the intended recipient, you should return to sender immediately. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email information is strictly prohibited.

NEJE software cannot stop modifying the content of engraving or cutting in the middle

Dear Jim

I will delete the wireless software and download the normal Neje software into my new Apple MacBook Air which is only 3 months old.

Previously you have been helpful and advice to download Neje Software using GRBL, and then Neje wireless. If you don’t mine, to avoid any mistake or confusion can you sent me the correct software address again to download into my MacBook Air. I use Master 2S Plus with A40640.

Sorry for troubling you again.

Best Regards

John Ng

https://neje99.com/firmware/firmware-for-neje-1-2-2s.html
You need to confirm your motherboard version, 7.7 or 8.7 software version

Dear Jim

Good afternoon ! Hope you are keeping well and safe. I read about the new Neje E40 laser module and is wondering if this is better than A40640 which I own.

I like my Neje Master 2S with the A40640 and have good impression. Now with the new E40 which have fix laser position is this better than A40640 or it is for different usage.?

Best Regards

John Ng

Hello John,
it depends what you want to do.

• If you want to engrave and cut material up to 4mm, the E40 is a better choice. Fits the electronics of the 2sMax, I have it myself and am satisfied. But the air assist is more demanding and a compressor from 30 psi is needed.
  • If you also want to cut materials that are thicker than 4mm, then by all means keep the A40640.

The A40640 is a “zoom module” which roughly means you use the “long focus” for cutting and the “short focus” for engraving. But you know that and seem to be able to deal with it.
Since the A40640 is more versatile and you can use this module without any problems (the focus setting causes problems for some users), stick with it.
Greetings Coffee

Dear Coffee

Thank you for your quick reply. I do laser engraving and other work as a hobby and always wanted the best hardware.

Yes I like my A40640 as it does a good job and using LightBurn software. At the moment I am trying to do Laser engraving ceramic tiles and have spend much time every weekend.

When doing laser engraving on ceramic tiles which is the recommended focus: Long focus or Short focus.

Thank you

Best Regards

John Ng

Hi John,
as i wrote before:

That´s the statement of NEJE. But there are also users who can achieve results with their own focus settings.
There is no difference in the quality of the two modules, the 40640 is much more flexible and the E40 is only better/finer/easier to focus, but needs a compressor from 30 psi!

Greetings Coffee

Dear Coffee

Thank you and stay safe.

Best Regards

John Ng

U R welcome :wink:

… and happy lasering der ceramic tiles !

1 Like

If your main purpose is to engrave ceramic tiles, E40 laser module will be more suitable for you. E40 is a fixed-focus module with uniform focus size and higher precision than A40640. It is good at cutting materials below 4mm or engraving

Dear Jim

Thank you for your reply. E40 optical power is 11 watt which is similar with A40640 module except it is fix focus lens.

I do not adjust my A40640 focus but use the high & low adjustment bracket to change height if necessary. In this case it should also work.

Best Regards

John Ng

yes