Issue with A40640

I have neje a40640 from 3 weeks now. Didn’t have much time before due to Christmas. My laser have rectangular shape beam, not square like on YouTube video. I tried cut 9mm MDF. Many different settings like focus , passes , speed, power… Nothing. 3mm plywood i can cut after 4 passes 80% power 2mm/s. Something is not right.
One of my colleagues own a40640 and it’s absolutely different,… same settings and his laser is like hot knife on butter…

Probably my laser is not working properly.

When I bought it on website it was 15W power. After someone changed power to 10W .

To support. Pleas replace my laser head cuz something is not right. I know how good it can be , that’s why I chose NEJE but it is not…

Waiting for support message.

1 Like

Do you have an air assist setup? That will make a huge difference for you if you dont.

Yes, a few types. Printed and with metal cylinder like on NEJE website. I used both . No difference. I’m using air compressor. From 1 to 30 psi. Nothing.

I cut yesterday 2mm britch plywood.
3 passes, speed 60mm/minutes power 85
Oriental cut thrue and vertical not …

I’m a bit frustrated and disappointed. This laser has 3 weeks…

And I can not use it properly…

I know that this type of laser should be like a razor blade , one of my colleagues has the same and it’s absolutely different laser… Cutting beautify without any problems.

So what’s is wrong?

Have you focused your laser? It has to be out of focus if its cutting as you say. I own an A40630w and I cut 2-3mm birch at 150 mm/m and 100% power in 1 pass

I use the ramp technique for focusing. Prop a peice of wood on an angle under the laser and etch a 6-8" straight line either up or down the ramp. Inspect the marking after its done to determine where the focus was best. Then jog the laser over top of it and measure from the bottom of the laser to the ramp. You will need to adjust your laser to that height from the top of your work piece. Mine generally falls between 18mm and 21mm

Yes I tried. Now I have another issue. Laser is flashing, blinking… I can not upload video but I sent email on service email with video.

Please help me with

Hello.
I have the same problem.
Have you managed to solve it?
How did you solve it?

У меня тоже старый модуль А40640 ( с одним кулером) отлично работал. К сожалению вышел из строя после долгой работы.
Заказал новый ( с двумя кулерами). Долго ждал из-за праздников. Пришел. Но счатье не состоялось. Как ни настраивал фокус, но по оси Y рез широкий ( около 1 мм).
Так это ещё цветочки…
Он еле-еле прорезает 3 мм. Старый легко резал 4 мм. при мощности 60% и скорости 4 мм/сек.
И это ещё не всё…
После дня работы отключились оба кулера. Он греется, а они не крутятся.

Очень не доволен этой покупкой.

Hi, I have the same issue (rectangular focus). Did somebody solve it?
…or did you send it back?

In der Artikelbeschreibung ist doch viel zu finden, unter anderem:

"NOTICE

The NEJE A40640 module adjusts the focus to Long focal end by default. This is because the NEJE factory has to ensure the consistency of product testing.
When you receive the product, it is recommended to use a flat-blade screwdriver to adjust the focus to 2-3mm from the light shield.

It is normal for the A40640 module to be slightly non-uniform in the XY direction of the far focus. This is a compromise of zoom design, not a quality problem. You can reduce the non-uniform XY cutting by narrowing the focus."

Quelle: NEJE A40640 Zoom Laser Module for Carving and Cutting - 2 x beam - 12W – NEJE.SHOP

Greetings
Coffee