A40640 incorrect x-axis cutting

Neje S2 Max laser module A40640 incorrect cutting on the x-axis. On the y-axis it is ok. I adjusted the focus, I replaced: the board, motors, stretched belts, the result is the same. What is not ok? I use Lightburn.The test is performed on 3mm material, a 10mm / 10mm square, speed 5mm/sec and laser power 90%. As you can see in the attached picture, the y-axis is thin and cuts the material, the x-axis is thick and sometimes does not cut the material. I use and air assistant.

It is normal for the A40640 module to be slightly non-uniform in the XY direction of the far focus. This is a compromise of zoom design, not a quality problem. You can reduce the non-uniform XY cutting by narrowing the focus.

Sources:

Greetings Coffee

1 Like

I tried this. I also have an A40640 module (the first models without a fan) and it didn’t behave like this. The Neje Web Site and Wiki clearly show a square light spot and state that you will get between 0.13×0.13mm focal point and 0.18×0.18mm square focal poin.I will try again with focus.

У меня тоже старый модуль А40640 ( с одним кулером) отлично работал. К сожалению вышел из строя после долгой работы.
Заказал новый ( с двумя кулерами). Долго ждал из-за праздников. Пришел. Но счатье не состоялось. Как ни настраивал фокус, но по оси Y рез широкий ( около 1 мм).
Хуже того… через 2 дня одновременно отключились оба кулера. Лазер работает, греется, а они не крутятся. Я очень не рад покупке

Today I saw another problem, the laser light was flashing. I connected the other similar module but it did not pulse, which I think is not normal for a laser that is three days old.

The new module A 40640 is a rectangle not a square… Why?

I’m having the exact same problem and feel misled by Neje due to marketing photo’s like this.

I’ve tried zooming in and out but still have a rectangle. I can’t recreate this photo.

The A40640 is a zoom module, which cannot be designed to have square spots at different focal lengths, so the difference can only be reduced by focusing

If you look carefully, there are two problems: 1. you can clearly see a larger and a smaller rectangle. 2. the laser light was flashing. I connected the other similar module but it did not pulse, which I think is not normal for a laser that is three days old. I sent you a video to the address service@neje.shop …In that video you can clearly see the difference between the two A40640 modules I have…the new module and the old one.

if you look carefully, it’s a reflection (up, down) that has nothing to do with it. It’s not what you show on the website.

The difference between the old and new modules lies in the adjustment of the focal length set by the factory. A40640 has a rectangular spot. Because it is a zoom laser module, it is necessary to maintain a compromise design where two diodes overlap each other at different focal lengths. No comparison can be made on the wall

It is normal for the A40640 module to be slightly non-uniform in the XY direction of the far focus. This is a compromise of zoom design, not a quality problem. You can reduce the non-uniform XY cutting by narrowing the focus.

The old module respects (approximately) what you present on the website. That is, e.g. plywood 3mm 400mm/min s1000 1 step. The new 350 mm/min 1 step.

The most serious problem (for me) is : Why flashing in the waiting position? I sent a video
. You don’t tell me anything about this. As far as I know, the diode is not part of the warranty, if they burn out during the warranty, they are not included in the warranty. Correct?

If the driver is the problem for that flashing?

I did the same test on the wall as you have in the presentation. In your presentation (for sale) it is almost a square.

I did not receive your video
If you don’t know how to upload video, The following link may be helpful:
https://neje99.com/forum/how-to-attach-a-video-when-i-post.html

Best wishes.

I have already explained to you that the factory setting of the new module has modified the focal length, so there will be differences. The A40640 module is designed like this

Ok, I will send the video

What kind of power supply do you use, is it connected with a PMW board or an adapter board